|THE VETTE NET, Nationwide Corvette Brokerage Network, proud Lifetime Business Member of the National Corvette Museum is pleased to offer a rare and collectible Vette, one of only 1000 made 1996 Grand Sport.
Commemorating the end of the 4th Generation, Chevrolet released a limited edition of 1000 Grand Sport Corvettes. According to the "Grand Sport Registry" run, by the ultimate Corvette fan, John "Hutch", here are some of the highlights:
* The Grand Sport option (RPO Z16) included the LT4 engine, which was only available with the 6-speed manual transmission, special Admiral Blue paint with Arctic White racing stripe down the center of the car and two red hashmarks over the left front fender commemorating the 1963 Grand Sport Corvettes. Unique Grand Sport badging was placed on each side of the hood above the side fender vents as well as a unique chrome plated Corvette emblem on the nose and gas lid.
* Grand Sports were available in both Coupe ($3250 option) and Convertible ($2880 option) versions. Only 1,000 were built consisting of 810 coupes and 190 convertibles. Grand Sport Coupes were equipped with P275/40ZR-17 tires on 17×9.5" wheels in front and P315/35ZR-17 tires on 17×11" wheels in the rear. Grand Sport Convertibles were equipped with P255/45ZR-17 tires on 17×8.5" wheels in front and P285/40ZR-17 tires on 17×9.5" wheels in the rear. Coupes came equipped with molded fender flares above the rear wheel arches while the convertibles did not. Grand Sport Wheels were the same as the 1994-1995 ZR-1's 5 spoke wheels except painted with a glossy black finish and a 50mm offset rather than the ZR-1's 36mm. Special gloss black finished front brake calipers with the "Corvette" name in bright aluminum were also part of the Grand Sport option as well.
* Interior color choices for the Grand Sport were limited to all black, or a unique Torch Red and Black combination… red seats & trim but with black carpeting. The "Grand Sport" name was embroidered on the seat headrests.
* All Grand Sport equipped Corvettes came with their own unique Vehicle Identification Number sequence, distinct from regular production 1996 Corvettes. The only other production Corvette up to this time to have had a unique VIN sequence was the 1990-1995 ZR-1. See below for more VIN info.
* The Z16 Grand Sport RPO was a 1-year only option for 1996 Corvettes. The production run for the Grand Sport ran from April 3rd, 1995 for GS VIN #0001 and ended with GS VIN #1000 on June 14th, 1996.
* They're just plain cool.
This particular example lived all its life in the same area, Sarasota – Bradenton, Florida and had only three owners. History is clean and no accidents were reported, as documented in this report. Options include dual sport seats, electronic climate control, CD/cassette Bose sound system and the very rare and desirable Z51 – performance handling package, being only one of 190/1000 cars with black interior equipped with this option. This includes stiffer shocks, larger stabilizer bars and wider tires. Car also has new tires.
It is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. It will be an excellent choice for a daily driver, show participant with great appreciation potential. Traditionally, the Grand Sports are the most desirable C4s, and are holding their value very well. After all, only 1000 were ever made.
For details about this Vette and others, please call toll-free Ken at 866-838-8363 (866-VETTENET) or email [email protected] business since 1998, THE VETTE NET has established itself as the premier source for buying, selling and leasing Corvettes, with over 3000 enthusiasts assisted nationwide and all over the world. We are fellow Corvette Club members, we drive Vettes, we live the life-style, and enjoy the hobby. Our Motto is "UnderCommit – OverDeliver" and we guarantee a pleasant and straightforward experience.
Do you have a Vette for sale? If yes, you may want to take advantage of our unique FREE marketing program requiring no upfront fee and no exclusivity. Click here to submit your Corvette for sale.
(Due to the highly volatile Corvette market, some units might not be readily available. Please inquire for details, images © 2010 – THE VETTE NET)
|Special Edition:||Grand Sport|
|Engine Size:||5.7L LT4|
|Transmission:||6-speed manual with Z51 pkg|
|Exterior Color:||Admiral Blue Metallic|
|Interior Color:||Black Leather|
|Price:||20990 – Rare Z51 Grand Sport #355/1000|