1968 Convertible Corvette Details
Contact us about this corvette!
Welcome to TheVetteNet.com, the best destination for buying or selling your Corvette. We are a Nationwide and International Corvette Brokerage Network, in business since 1998 and Lifetime Business Member #991 of the National Corvette Museum.
Check out this really cool 1968 Convertible. A 95% complete restoration, many additional parts are included to take it to the next level. The original radio is missing, and it needs a new top, but the folding frame has been cleaned and is in good condition. The original L79 327/350hp engine was replaced with a 1969, period correct 327/350hp (L46) and has only 1500 miles since it was professionally rebuilt.
- Block # 25GM 3970010 4-bolt main 9.7:1CR
- Pistons TRW# GM633/634 (bored) L2304 060
- Heads 327 double-hump/fuelie heads, matching date codes E2170 G870 with 74cc chambers and 2.02/1.60 valves (period correct)
- Federal Mogul performance Camshaft # CS-179R, Rockers # R-826, Lifters # HT-817R, Pushrods # RP-3093
- Carburetor Rochester-Qjet 650cfm 4-barrel (date matched original)
- Intake Manifold (date matched original)
- Transmission main case casting# 3925660, side cover casting# 3884685 (number-matching original documented Muncie-22 Rock Crusher)
- Rear-end # 3571575 (number-matching original)
New, correct wire harnesses with fiber optics
New brake stainless steel system starting with the master cylinder to the rotors
Number-matching original Kelsey-Hayes rally wheels with new trim rings and (number-matching original restored) GM derby caps
Apprx. 2500 miles on new Firestone Indy 500 tires
Rebuilt suspension with original components
Rear-end was cleaned powder coated and re-assembled with original spec GM lubricants
Aluminized 2-1/2” exhaust
Hooker headers/FlowMaster 40 mufflers with correct chrome exhaust tips
Seats have been restored with correct black basket-weave vinyl, cushions, and springs
New door panels as correct from Corvette America using the re-worked original door hardware
New, correct sun visors and hardware
Correct floor mats
Car was stripped and all chips/cracks in the body were repaired as needed
Re-primed and re-painted the correct Safari Yellow (Akzo-Nobel paint with lifetime warranty through Victory Chevrolet in Madison, NC)
All dash items work except the trip meter will not reset.
New, correct radiator hoses, heater core, fuel pump, fuel sending unit, fuel line from pump to carb
New HEI mechanical tach distributor
Taylor 8mm high performance plug wires
Electric cooling fan with thermostat inside the original fan shroud
Additional parts include:
- Heat shield sound deadener, carpet and weather stripping
- New rocker covers (back-ordered uppers)
- Vapor barriers using restored original trim components
- New chrome parts, etc. are also included
- Vacuum hoses, extra bulbs, spark plugs, numerous other misc hardware/items, and few specialty tools (timing light/oil filter wrench)
- New Corvette America car cover
Presently insured with Hagerty Plus, which includes roadside assistance and special parts/tools, for only $295/yr.
For more details, please contact John:
1-888-958-3883 • 205-330-8546
In business since 1998, TheVetteNet.com has established itself as the premier source for buying, selling and leasing Corvettes, with thousand of enthusiasts assisted nationwide and international. We are fellow Corvette Club members, we drive Vettes, we live the life-style, and enjoy the hobby. Our Motto is “Under Commit - Over Deliver” and we guarantee a pleasant and straightforward experience.